Aid to the Church in Need is a papal charity of the Catholic Church, supporting the Catholic faithful and other Christians where they are persecuted, oppressed or in pastoral need.
- To support and promote the Church, especially in countries where Christians are suffering persecution or discrimination;
- To further the other charitable work of the Church by providing practical assistance and pastoral care for persons in need, especially those who are living in, or are refugees from, such countries.
Our work around the world:
Each year, Aid to the Church in Need makes grants to help fund approximately 5,000 projects, primarily in the following areas:
- distribution of catechetical material and books
- broadcasting the Faith
- construction of church buildings
- support for the training of seminarians
- grants for the formation of religious and catechists
- subsidies for priests through grants and Mass stipends
- emergency aid to refugees
- transportation for those involved in the Church’s mission.
The foundation of all our activities is Christian faith and love and adherence to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. In the fulfillment of this task, Our Lady of Fatima is our Model, Mother, Advocate and Sign of Hope.
Our way of evangelization reaches out to the whole human person: body and soul. We are committed to helping faithful in need through supporting pastoral projects, and our benefactors through publications, talks and media work.
We strive for a deeper unity with our donors by praying for their intentions, providing information and expressing gratitude on behalf of those they help.
As a bridge between benefactor and beneficiary, we fulfill our mission through humble and selfless service.