Gifts of Securities

One way in which you can help meet the needs of the suffering Church, and help keep the Faith alive, is a donation of appreciated securities or property, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or real estate.

This is a cost-effective way to help ACN continue our major programs (Mass Stipends to Poor Priests, Formation of Seminarians and Novices, Aid for Religious, Emergency Aid, Transportation, Media Apostolate, Religious Literature and Construction).

For electronic transfer of stock and bonds, you can instruct your broker to transfer your shares directly to Aid to the Church in Need’s brokerage account.  For more information, please email us directly at:

Your gift to Aid to the Church in Need is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Aid to the Church in Need is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization.

IRA Charitable Gifts

Use Your Traditional IRA to Make Your Charitable Gifts

The IRA Charitable Rollover provides you with an excellent opportunity to make a gift during your lifetime from an asset that would be subject to multiple levels of taxation if it remained in your taxable estate.

To qualify:

You must be age 70½ or older at the time of gift.

Transfers must be made directly from a traditional IRA account by your IRA administrator to Aid to the Church in Need. Funds that are withdrawn by you and then contributed do NOT qualify. Gifts from 401k, 403b, SEP and other plans do not qualify.

Gifts must be outright. Distributions to donor-advised funds or life-income arrangements such as charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities do not qualify.

Benefits — qualified charitable distributions

  1.  Can total up to $100,000.
  2.  Are not included in your gross income for federal income tax purposes on your IRS Form 1040 (no charitable deduction is available, however).
  3.  Count towards your required minimum distribution for the year from your IRA.

Each state has different laws.  Please be sure to contact your financial advisor for additional information.  This information is not meant as tax or legal advice.

Wire Transfers

You can also make domestic wire transfers to Aid to the Church in Need.  For further information, please email us at:

For additional questions on giving, please contact Edward Clancy at 800.628.6333 or