our work around the world
Aid to the Church in Need has served the pastoral and humanitarian needs of the suffering Church since 1947, supporting the faithful and generally distressed where they are persecuted, oppressed, or in need. Our mission is as follows:
- To support and promote the Church, especially in countries where Christians are suffering persecution or discrimination;
- To further the other charitable work of the Church by providing practical assistance and pastoral care for persons in need, especially those who are living in, or are refugees from, such countries.
Each year, Aid to the Church in Need supports over 5,000 projects in 149 countries, primarily in the following areas:
- Support the formation of priests and nuns
- Aid contemplative Sisters and elderly religious
- Rebuild churches and church buildings
- Promote the Word of God through Christian media
- Emergency aid to refugees and persecuted faithful
- Distribute spiritual literature
- Provide transportation to pastoral workers
- Offer Mass stipends to poor priests.
Aid to the Church in Need is compassionately supported by over 330,000 donors around the world. Through their prayers and through their donations, our kind donors are the heart of our organization, helping us to continue our mission of aiding the persecuted Church and her suffering faithful.
In addition to their contributions and prayers, the supportive words of our donors inspire us and mean a great deal. Here is just some of what we receive from our wonderful benefactors.